Presented by a Yogi visionary, artist, avid practitioner, and extremely passionate teacher, this is the second annual training of this caliber. Combining the ancient wisdom of Yoga with a modern flair that incorporates music, art, and down to earth philosophy, The Body Art Studio Teacher Training is recognized by Yoga Alliance and will provide students with a 200 hour certification.
Michelle Dawson is the owner and operator of The Body Art Studio. Her understanding of the deep and ancient philosophy of Yoga translates in a charming and modern way; she brings to each class and passion and grace. She is an Ananda Ashram certified teacher.
Enlisting in a Yoga Teacher Training is a big commitment and will certainly ignite a passionate flame that promises to spark and inspire spiritual transformation. The Body Art Studio and all of the guest presenters are very excited to take this journey with you.
In this course you will explore the following…
• Finding your Authentic Voice
• Use of Props
• Art of Observation & Demonstration
• Meditation • Sequencing
• Choosing Music & Sequencing
• Chanting • Anatomy as it relates to Yoga
• Practice Teaching in a safe and supportive environment with gentle constructive feedback
• Creating Inspirational Themes
• Business & Ethics of Yoga
Teacher Training Information Sessions
Interested in the Training? Come grab a few answers to pertinent questions such as payment plans, important dates, required reading, hours, class requirements, and most importantly, answer the question as to whether or not this is the right program for you! If you have already committed to the training, payment deposits can be dropped off on either night!
The times are: Fridays 5:00pm-9:00pm, Saturdays 10:00am-5:00pm and Sundays 11:00am-5:00pm
You are also required to participate in 40 hours of Karma Yoga, and commit to taking class with Michelle on Tuesdays at 7:00pm for the duration of the Teacher Training.
Required Reading Material
• Light on Yoga ~BKS Iyengar
• Yoga Sutras of Patanjali ~Shri Brahmananda Sarasvati
• Bhagavad Gita ( many copies avail to choose from )
• Siddhartha ~Hermann Hesse
• Wheels of Life ~Anodea Judith
• Way of the Peaceful Warrior ~Dan Millman
• Jivamukti Yoga: Practices for Liberating Body and Soul ~Sharon Gannon & David Life
*Other suggested reading lists will be announced.
Course tuition…and some more stuff.
Payment Plans are Available. Talk to Michelle to find out more about them.
Click on over to the application page and check it out. Feel free to email us with any questions or concerns and remember, taking a teacher training has less to do with becoming a Yoga Teacher and more to do with living your Yoga. We want to grow with you.